Join the ISC for our annual summer Premier Soccer Camp held every year since 1998. The camp brings a unique perspective to the Iowa City area by providing players with qualified personable staff, excellent facilities, and age-appropriate instruction.
2013 Camp Dates
Monday, July 8-Friday, July 12, 2013.
Registration Deadline is Monday, June 24, 2013.
We do not accept walk-ups at the ISC Summer Camp. All registration must be done online by clicking on the link at the bottom o this page.
Half Day Camp 8:00am to 11:30am - Available for campers who are 6 years old by start of camp, up through players who are true U15 age this year.
Full Day Camp 8:00am to 3:00pm - Available for campers who are 8 years old by start of camp, up through players who are true U15 age this year.
(Lunch is 11:30am to 12:30pm for Full Day Campers. Campers need to provide their own lunch and snacks)
Camp is held at the Hawkeye Recreational Fields off Hawkeye Park Road. (See on Google Maps)
Full Day for all 5 days is $200.
Half Day for all 5 days is $120. (Half Day is only offered in the morning)
Full Day for single day is $40 per day.
Half Day for single day is $24 per day.
There is an option to choose any number of days between one and five during the registration. For example, you can sign up for Three Days - Half Day option and the total cost is $72.
All campers will be provided professional coaching from camp staff, a Camp t-shirt, soccer ball, large shade tent, and large water coolers all day.
(Campers need to provide own snacks, lunch, and water bottles which can be refilled from the coolers)
What Makes the ISC Camp Special?
Qualified Coaches that are dedicated to teaching and Making camp Fun!
We hire a very qualified staff to work with your kids. We have our best ISC coaches work the camp and we also bring in other coaches who are expert coaches. All of our head coaches at camp have vast experience working with kids and understand how to keep camp fun at the same time that they provide excellent instruction. Our Director of Coaching, Jon Cook, has refined the camp curriculum over the past 13 years to ensure that the activities and skill exercises are age appropriate and engaging for all levels of youth players. There isn't any guesswork at the ISC camp with young, inexperienced coaches learning on the fly. Our camp is highly organized and all coaches have a clear idea what the teaching goals are for each day at camp.
2013 Camp Staff:
Jon Cook-ISC Director of Coaching
- Director of Coaching for the ISC from 2000 to present.
- Hired as a full time coach in 1999 to work for the ISC.
- Past Experience as an Olympic Development Coach for the Iowa Soccer Association
- Worked as the ISC Camp Director for 13 years.
- United States Soccer Federation "A" License Coach
- USSF National Youth License
- Current Instructor for the Iowa Soccer Association for Coaching Development Courses
Master's Degree in Education -University of Iowa
Former Division I Collegiate Soccer Player at the University of Missouri-Kansas City
Assistant Camp Director
Michael Prunty-ISC Assistant Director of Coaching
- Assistant Director of Coaching for the ISC from 2013 to present.
- Culver-Stockton College, Head Men's Coach from Jan. 2011 to December 2012.
- Simpson College, Assistant Men's and Women's Coach in 2010.
- St. Ambrose University, Assistant Men's Coach from 2008 to 2010.
- Worked with Vision Soccer Academy, Littleton (CO) United, Quad Cities United, Des Moines Menace, and Quincy (IL) United over the past several years starting in 2001.
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America "Premier" Diploma
- NSCAA State Director for Iowa
- NSCAA Associate Staff Member
Masters of Education in Teaching - St. Ambrose University
Former Division III Collegiate Soccer Player at Simpson College.
Additional Services for Camp
Early Bird Skills Training
6:30am to 7:30am - Recommend for players with experience in competitive soccer!
Early Bird Skills is Offered every morning, Monday-Friday. Players are NOT required to attend. This is an optional program.
1) One Hour of intense skills training -led daily by -Jon Cook-Director of the ISC. The purpose of the Early Bird Skills is to give the most serious players more training led by our Director each day.
2) Special individual ball skill training with a strong focus on technique training-which are the building blocks for successful soccer development
3) Your child must be at least 8 years old to participate.
4) I would not recommend this program for your child if this is their first year at the ISC Camp, unless they are a competitive soccer player on a competitive team. This is absolutely not a "drop off early" service for working parents. This is a really challenging part of training meant for the most serious players.
5) Mix of all ages training together.
6) If you come to "early bird" on the first day, I recommend that you bring your own ball, because we won't have the camp balls ready to distribute that early in the day, since we won't start checking people in for camp until probably about 7:15 AM that morning.
After Camp-"Cleggy Hour" Numbers Game
3:15 to 4:00 PM - Recommended for players with experience in competitive soccer! This is an OPTIONAL program.
"Cleggy Hour" is only open for current U11 and older players.
"Cleggy hour" will be offered only on Monday-Thursday afternoon. We will not do "Cleggy Hour" on Friday afternoon.
"Cleggy Hour" is new to the ISC Camp this summer. Our director, Jon Cook, decided to add "Cleggy Hour" this year in order to restart one of the ISC coaching staff traditions after camp. A few summers back, one of our volunteer coaches, Chris Clegg, a current ISC player at the time, was passionate about the "numbers game" and insisted that the coaches stay and play the juggling game, known as the "numbers game" every day after we finished coaching. We all had a great time with the game and have since incorporated the game into the ISC training sessions every once in a while when the kids need a fun game to get warmed up for training. The game requires a lot of skill and is fun for players who love to juggle. The "numbers game" is not a high intensity game and is a way to hone a player's control of the ball while having fun competing without much exertion. It should be a perfect activity for after camp. Again, players are NOT required to attend. This is an optional program offered only for current U11 and older players.
1)Jon Cook-Director of the ISC will lead the "Cleggy Hour." To be clear though, this is not an instructional period of camp. Jon will facilitate the game and probably jump in and test his juggling skills against the top players. This is meant to be a fun way to cool down from camp for the kids who are complete "soccer junkies!" The game itself is fairly self teaching and therefore, no extra teaching will be offered. We only mention this so that the expectations are clear in regard to what "CLEGGY HOUR" is.
2) Since it is late in the afternoon after a long day of camp-Jon will make sure that the kids are reapplying sun screen and staying hydrated.
3) If your child does not like to juggle or is not interested in this type of activity, please DO NOT use this as a day care service. In addition, simply because we will have a staff member on hand until 4 PM that does not mean that we can supervise kids that are not doing "CLEGGY HOUR." We are not responsible for the supervision of children that are not participating in "Cleggy Hour." Therefore, the regular camp hours end at 3 PM. If your child is not participating in "Cleggy Hour," please do your best to arrive promptly at 3 PM to pick up your child.
4) You do not need to do any separate sign up for "CLEGGY HOUR" nor is there an extra fee to particiapte. Just like the "early bird" program, your kids will stay on the days that they feel like participating. It doesn't matter to us, if Jon only has one player at "Cleggy Hour" we will still do "CLeggy HOUR!"
5) Your child must be a current U11 player to participate.
Registration for the 2013 ISC Premier Summer Camp opened on Tuesday, February 26, 2013. For information about our programs, please contact ISC Coaching Director, Jon Cook via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Deadline is Monday, June 24, 2013.
We DO NOT accept walk-ups at ISC Summer Camp. All registrations must be made online.
Other Info and Questions
We do recommend (but not require) that campers attending the summer ISC Premier Soccer Camp for the first time only register for the half day camp due to the level of energy required.
If you have questions about camp, please use our Contact Form and we will respond as quickly as possible.