ISC BAGIL BITES Indoor Soccer LeagueISC BAGIL Bites is open to 11U and 12U Boys and Girls
What is the ISC BAGIL BITES Indoor League?
- The ISC BAGIL BITES coed league is an indoor soccer league for the ISC’s Advanced Year Round Players, POPPI players in the 11U-12U age groups, AND 11U-12U Players registered in the Winter Lightning Friday Night Practice Program.
- Two sessions of indoor play are offered each Winter and all games are played at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Center (HTRC).
- HTRC Address – 2820 Prairie Meadow Drive, Iowa City, Iowa.
How Does The League Work?
- The league is set up so that the ISC eligible players from the Advanced Year-Round Competitive teams, POPPI players, and ISC Winter Lightning players sign up as individuals. Teams are formed by the ISC coaching staff.
- Once the teams are formed, players remain on the same team for the entire session..
- The ISC coaching staff will ensure that all players will play as close to half of each game as possible.
- 2021-2022 ISC COVID INDOOR Protocol Updates (UPDATED ON OCTOVBER 30, 2021) : 1) Spectators are allowed in the HTRC to watch all ISC Indoor league games. The ISC COVID ADVISORY group strongly recommends that spectators wear masks for the safety of all players, parents, and participants. The participants, soccer players, are not required to wear masks either while playing or sitting on the sidelines. However, the ISC COVID advisory group has stated that if the COVID positivity rate changes in Johnson County, their recommendations on mask wearing for participants and coaches may change.
Who is Eligible For the League?
- Participants must be registered as an ISC POPPI Player, ISC Advanced Year Round player, or an 11U-12U Winter Lighting Practice player to compete in the league.
- 5v5 Indoor Soccer – (4v4 + keepers with a futsal ball)
- The field is 25 (w) x 40 (l) yards.
- No Walls – kick-ins for restarts.
- ISC staff will be present to coach each game.
- Up to 10 teams will be formed for each session.
- A maximum of 8 players per team (must be a minimum of 5 players at each game).
- Games will be 45 minutes in duration (running clock – no half time)
- Players are NOT allowed to wear cleats on the HTRC surface.
- All weekend game schedules for each session will be posted by the end of the day on the Tuesday preceding the weekend games. The league game dates and time blocks when games will be played are listed before you register, but the specific game times for your child’s team are always posted on the Tuesday preceding the weekend games. If this is not enough notice for your overall family schedule, we do not recommend that you register your child for this league.
- Session 1 games run November 2021 through December 2021.
- Session 2 games run January 2022 through March 2022.
- Includes 10-12 games and a league t-shirt/jersey.
- The number of games scheduled each season varies and therefore the League Fee Varies per session.
- Exact cost for each session can be found on the link labeled “Dates/schedule/cost.”
What Should Players Wear to the Games?
- League t-shirt/jersey (provided) and all players must wear shin guards.
- Please contact the League Director Jon Cook at email@example.com
Session 1 Team Assignments
Download the Bagil Bites Session 1 Team Assignments at the link below:
Session 1 Dates/Schedule/Cost
For Session 1-All BAGIL BITES games will be played on Saturdays.
TIME RANGE FOR GAMES:
Time Range for Saturday afternoon/evening games will be 4:30 PM to 8:35 PM.
When teams play only 1 game on Saturdays, the time range for games is only 4:30 PM to 7 PM
Download the Bagil Bites Session 1 Schedule at the links below:
* INDICATES THAT TEAMS WILL ONLY PLAY 1 GAME ON THESE NIGHTS
League Cost – $95 Per Player for 10 League Games and a league jersey.
Session 2 Team Assignments
Download the BAGIL BITES Session 2 Team Assignments at the link below:
Session 2 Dates/Schedule/Cost
Session 2 BAGIL BITES GAMES WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAYS
The start date for Session 2 will be Saturday, January 15, 2022.
Time Range for Games on Saturdays when there is only 1 game:
4:30 PM-6:55 PM
Time Range for Games on Saturdays when the teams plays 2 games:
4:30 PM -8:35 PM
There are 8 Saturdays of league play for SESSION 2.
There will be 4 Saturdays when the teams have 2 games and 4 Saturdays when the teams only have 1 game. All teams will play 12 total games for session 2.
Download the weekly BAGIL BITES Session 2 Schedules at the links below:
* Weekends when the teams will play 2 games.
Session II League Cost: $105 Per Player for 12 League Games and a league jersey.
Download the Bagil Bites League Goals at the link below: