ISC Premier Soccer Camp 2019Open to Boys and Girls U6 - U16
Join Iowa Soccer Club for our annual summer Premier Soccer Camp, held every year since 1998. Our club is proud to offer the highest quality instruction possible in Eastern Iowa. The focus for our camp is to provide players with expert coaching, and at the same time we make sure that the camp is FUN for all participants.
Camp Dates: July 8-12, 2019
Camp Location: Iowa City Kickers Soccer Complex
What Makes the ISC Camp Special?
Qualified Coaches that are dedicated to teaching and making the camp fun! We have our most qualified ISC coaches work at the camp and we also bring in expert coaches from across Iowa and the Midwest. Our Director of Coaching, Jon Cook, has refined the camp curriculum over the past 17 years to ensure that the activities are age appropriate, and engaging, for all levels of youth players. Our camp is highly organized and all coaches have a clear idea what the teaching goals are for each day at camp.
- Registration Will Open on March 1, 2019.
- Registration Deadline: June 17, 2019.
- Please note that we only accept 230 campers so the camp may fill before June 17.
- We do not accept walk-up registration at the ISC Summer Camp.
- All registration must be completed online.
- Half Day Camp – 8:00a.m. to 11:30a.m. – Available to campers who are at least 6 years old by the start of camp. The oldest age group players that we accept for this camp are freshmen in high school, which includes both the 15U players for the 2019-2020 soccer year and the freshmen that are 16U players.
- Full Day Camp – 8:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. – Available to campers who are at least 8 years old by the start of camp. We do not accept players younger than 8 for full day registration. The oldest age group that we accept for this camp are 15U players for the 2019-2020 soccer year and 16U players that are freshmen in high school.
- In addition, all participants must register for a minimum of 3 days of camp. Players are allowed to register for 3 half days or 3 full days.
Lunch is 11:30am to 12:30pm for Full Day Campers. Campers need to provide their own lunch, water bottle and snacks – water bottles can be refilled from the coolers.
We recommend that campers attending the Summer ISC Premier Soccer Camp for the first time only register for the half day camp due to the level of energy required.
2019 Camp Cost
- Full Day for all 5 days is $TBA.
- Half Day for all 5 days is $TBA. (Half Day is only offered in the morning)
- Full Day for single day is $45.00 per day. (minimum of three days)
- Half Day for single day is $30.00 per day. (minimum of three days)
Camp Services Included
- Professional coaching
- Camp t-shirt
- Soccer ball
- Camp awards
- Player evaluations
- Large shade tent
- Water coolers refilled all day
2018 Camp Directors
Camp Director – Jon Cook
- Director of Coaching for the ISC from 2000 to present.
- Olympic Development Coach for the Iowa Soccer Association
- ISC Camp Director for 18 years.
- United States Soccer Federation “A” License Coach + National Youth License
- Iowa Soccer Association – USSF course instructor
- Master’s Degree in Education – University of Iowa
- Division I Collegiate Soccer Player at the UMKC
Assistant Camp Director – Colin Crighton
- Assistant Director of Coaching for the ISC from 2014 to present.
- Director of Coaching – Cedar Valley Soccer Club: 2013-2014.
- Director of Coaching – Heartland Soccer Club: 2003-2005.
- Director of Soccer Programs – Dixon Park, Illinois: 2000-2003.
- United States Soccer Federation “A” License Coach.
- Former Professional Player.
Additional Camp Opportunities
Early Bird Skills Training – Optional Training With Jon Cook
6:30a.m. to 7:30a.m. – Recommended for players with experience in competitive soccer!
- “Early Bird Skills” is one hour of intense skills training offered on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday morning. It includes specialized individual ball skill training along with a strong focus on technique training, which are the building blocks for successful soccer development.
- Your child must be at least 9 years old to participate and it is mix of all ages training together.
- ISC does not recommend this program for your child if it is their first year at the ISC Camp, and this is absolutely not a “drop off early” service for working parents.
- If you come to “early bird” on the first day, you will need to bring your own ball, because we won’t have the camp balls ready to distribute that early in the day.
- No separate sign up is needed for the “Early Bird,” nor is there an extra fee to participate. Players should attend on the days that they feel like participating.
After Camp – The “CLEGGY JUGGLE” Hour – Optional Training With Jon Cook
3:00p.m. to 4:00p.m. – Recommended for players with experience in competitive soccer! .
The “Cleggy Hour” is only open for current 11U and older players and is entering its 6th year at camp. The “Cleggy Hour” was added to the camp curriculum in order to restart an ISC coaching staff tradition at camp. A few summers back, one of our volunteer coaches, Chris Clegg, an ISC player at the time, and now a staff coach with the ISC, was passionate about the “numbers game,” and insisted that the coaches stay and play the juggling game,” every day after we finished coaching at camp. We all had a great time with the game and have since incorporated the game into the ISC training sessions as part of a structured warm up. The game requires a lot of skill and is fun for players who love to juggle.
- The “Cleggy Hour,” is not an instructional period of camp. This is meant to be a fun way to cool down from camp for the kids who are complete “soccer junkies!”
- If your child does not like to juggle or is not interested in this type of activity, please DO NOT use this as a day care service. In addition, simply because we will have a staff member on hand until 4:00p.m. that does not mean that we can supervise kids that are not participating in the “Cleggy Hour.”
- The “Cleggy Hour” will be offered on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon.
- You do not need to do any separate sign up for the “Cleggy Hour” nor is there an extra fee to participate. The players will stay on the days that they feel like participating.
- Your child must be a current 11U or older player to participate.
Rain Out Refund Policy
If 2 camp days or more are rained out, a partial refund will be sent to the families. A refund will not be distributed if only one day is rained out. We do not issue refunds if you register and then pull your child out of camp.
- Please contact camp director Jon Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org