ISC Clinics and Tryouts for the 2021/2022 SeasonOpen to Boys and Girls 8U - 19U
Please Review all Registration Information and the Age Group Matrix Before Registering for the 2021-2022 Year Round Season
2021 Clinic and Tryouts Process (Ages 8U-19U)
- Clinics & Tryouts are required for our Advanced Year-Round program, Practice-Only Program (POP), and Practice-Only Program Plus Indoor (POPPI) players.
- We do not hold Clinics and Tryouts for our ISC Academy Program or the ISC Lightning Program.
2021-2022 Clinic And Tryout Registration (Ages 8U-19U)
- Clinic and Tryout Registration will open on Monday, May 17, 2021.
- Clinics are held for the 9U-12U age groups.
- Tryouts are held for the 13U-19U age groups.
- Determine Your Age for the 2021-2022 season.
- Use the age group matrix to determine your child’s soccer age.
- Age group designations are based on the calendar year, not the school year.
- The cutoff for all age groups is January 1.
- Players born in the same calendar January 1 until December 31 are grouped together on the same team.
- Please see the bottom of page for information concerning 2014 birth year players*
- Prior to completing registration for the ISC (8U-19U) 2021 Clinics and Tryouts, review the following documents:
- ISC Commitment Expectations
- ISC Fee Structure
- ISC Code of Conduct
- ISC Tournament Commitment Policies
- Understand the ISC Philosophy for player selection. We do not select by ability in the ISC until the 13U year. All players that play on 9U-12U teams play on evenly divided teams and players that are willing to make the time commitment and demonstrate a willingness to learn and work hard are accepted if they join during the clinics time period in June. Starting at the 13U year, we form “A” and “B” teams in all age groups that have more than one team. We are NOT able to take all players in 13U-19U age groups. We will limit the total number of players in those age groups.
- 9U-12U Age Groups: For players in the 9U-12U ages, we are driven by the belief that kids develop at vastly different times and therefore, early selection by ability at 9U-12U does not account for the rapidly changing developmental growth of soccer players. Many years ago we implemented what we call a “SELF-TRACKING” system for player entry into the ISC at these ages. Kids and families choose what “track” or path they want to pursue at the 9U-12U age groups. We only ask that kids who want to play in the year round program demonstrate a willingness to learn, willingness to work hard, and a willingness to be a good teammate. On the notification day, which is Wednesday, June 16, 2021, when you receive our email with the the invitation to join the ISC year round program, we ask that you will have considered very carefully whether the cost and time commitment are a good match for your family and your child. If they are not a good match, other seasonal programs such as the “ISC Lightning” program might make more sense.
- 13U-19U Age Groups: All returning ISC Year Round Players will be guaranteed a spot on the 13U-19U teams, but they will have to compete with all members at the tryouts to determine whether they will be placed on the “A” or “B” team in the age group.
- Please note that when you register for the 2021 Clinics and Tryouts:
- There is a $25 Clinic/Tryout Registration Fee for all players that attend our clinics and tryouts. This includes returning year round players.
- You must have a photo ready to upload when you register.
- Attend Clinics and Tryouts
- Attendance is required at a minimum of 2 clinics/tryouts unless your family has notified us that your soccer player will be out of the country during the entire clinic/tryout period.
- Notification of Age Group
- The notification date for all 9U-13U Age groups is Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
- The notification date for all 14U-19U age groups is Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
- For details concerning how to accept your team placement and to finalize your 2021 registration CLICK HERE.
* ISC will consider players born in 2014 for the 9U teams. Players that are 2014 birth years are true 8U players next year, but our youngest year round groups are 9U teams. However, we have always allowed boys and girls to join during the 8U year for those who are ready for year-round soccer. These players will be considered and evaluated by ISC Director of Coaching, Jon Cook, to evaluate whether it makes sense for the child to play “up” in the 9U program.
- Please contact Diana Arpey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic and Tryout Master Schedule
Download the ISC Clinic and Tryout schedule at the link below:
Age Group Matrix
Download the ISC Age Group Matrix at the link below:
ISC Commitment Expectations
Click on the Link Below to see the details regarding fees.for the 2021-2022 season.
ISC Fee Structure-Will be updated soon.