ISC Men's Indoor Soccer LeagueISC Men's League is Open to Adult Men and Youth Players 16U-19U (Note all 16U players must be sophomores.)
What is the ISC Men’s Indoor Soccer League?
- The ISC Men’s Indoor Soccer league is a professionally administered indoor league that includes the area’s best youth (players aged 16U-19U) and adult players.
- Our league has a great history in Iowa City as we enter our 15th year. Lots of great ISC players and terrific adult players have played in this league. This is the league for the best adult players in Iowa City.
- Two sessions of indoor play are offered each Winter and all games will be played at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Center (HTRC).
- HTRC Address – 2820 Prairie Meadow Drive, Iowa City, Iowa.
- 2021-2022 ISC COVID INDOOR Protocol Updates (UPDATED ON OCTOVBER 30, 2021) : 1) Spectators are allowed in the HTRC to watch all ISC Indoor league games. The ISC COVID ADVISORY group strongly recommends that spectators wear masks for the safety of all players, parents, and participants. The participants, soccer players, are not required to wear masks either while playing or sitting on the sidelines. However, the ISC COVID advisory group has stated that if the COVID positivity rate changes in Johnson County, their recommendations on mask wearing for participants and coaches may change.
- Please download the ISC Men’s League Rules.
Why Sign up for the ISC Men’s Indoor League?
The ISC Men’s Open indoor league offers a very competitive league structure and all games are played on an indoor turf field (not on a gym floor). The league is professionally run and balances the needs of both the top 16U-19U elite club players and adult players in Iowa City. For over 14 years the league has maintained a great balance between high level youth players who fully understand that they are youth players privileged to play in a Men’s league, and adult players who benefit from playing against young players reaching their prime.
- League champions receive winner’s shirts.
- Session 1 runs November 2021 through December 2021.
- Session 2 will start mid January 2022 and end early March 2022.
- Includes 8-11 games and a league t-shirt/jersey. The number of games guaranteed varies from season to season.
- The fee for each session is listed under the “Date/Schedule/Cost” Link.
- 6v6 Indoor Soccer – (5v5 plus keepers).
- The field is 40 (w) x 55 (l) yards.
- No Walls, kick-ins for restarts.
- A maximum of 11 players per team.
- Games will be 45 minutes in duration (running clock, no half time).
- Players are NOT allowed to wear cleats on the HTRC surface.
- League Scoring is 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 for a loss.
- Championship games that end in a tie are decided by penalty kicks.
ADULT PLAYER INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM REGISTRATION
- Each adult player registers on their own. They must register online and pay the $125.00 fee by using the “Adult Player” registration link.
- A team captain or coach must also register your team by contacting the league director and identifying which 10 registered players should be assigned to your team. To register your team, please submit your team roster via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Each team must have 10 players registered AND PAID in full by the registration deadline (no exceptions). Team registration is the responsibility of your team captain/coach.
- We do not allow teams to register more than 10 players, and players cannot share a roster spot.
- Note: If you are interested in joining the league, but do not have a full team, please contact the league director and we will attempt to match you with players in a similar situation. There are no guarantees, however, that we will have room for you in the league.
16U-19U PLAYER REGISTRATION
- Each player must register online and pay the $125.00 fee by using the “High School Player’ registration link. All 16U players that are sophomores and all 17U-19U players, register as high school players.
- Players that receive financial assistance from the ISC are allowed to register under the “FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE” option and that fee is $35 per player per session.
- All high school registered players will be placed in a pool of players for the annual league draft. The league director will select team captains, and those captains will then select the teams from the players registered at the annual draft.
- ISC POPPI players are allowed to enter the draft, but ISC POP players are NOT. All players who enter the draft must meet their practice requirements each week to be eligible to play in the league games on the weekend.
- Non ISC high school players that would like to participate in the league are welcome to form their own teams, but they will not be included in the draft with the ISC players.
- While each high school team has a team captain, players that are playing in the league through the draft will be coached by the ISC staff coaches for most games and follow our guidelines for the games.
REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND SCHEDULE RELEASE – SESSION 1
- Adult and high school player registration and payment deadline – Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
- Schedules released for the first weekend of play: Thursday, November 4, 2021.
- We allow registration up until Tuesday, November 2, therefore, we will not be able to release schedules for league play until Thursday, November 4, 2021.
- Teams should assume that they will have a game on Friday, November 5, 2021 at some time during the time frame from 6:00 PM to Midnight.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
We only offer one method of payment. Each individual player must register online and pay their full fee with a credit card at the time of registration in order to be eligible to play for your team. This payment option is unique in that we actually try to make each person responsible for their own fees. We do it this way so that one person, for example a coach or team captain, is not burdened with having to pay the team entry fee for all players.
- Please contact the League Director Jon Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org
ISC Men’s Indoor League – Sponsor
Session 1 Team Assignments
Session 1 Date/Schedule/Cost
SESSION 1 Men’s League GAMES will be played on Friday nights and there will also be games on Wednesday, December 15 and Thursday, December 16, 2021,
TIME RANGE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES: 6:00 PM to Midnight.
TIME RANGE FOR GAMES ON DECEMBER 15-DECEMBER 16: 5:15 PM-10:15 PM
Download the MEN’S League weekly Session 1 Schedules at the links below:
League Date #1 — 11/5/21
League Date #2 — 11/12/21
League Date #3 — 11/19/21
League Date #4 — 12/3/21
League Date #5 — 12/5/21
League Date #6 — 12/10/21
League Date #7 — 12/12/21
League Date #8 — 12/15/21 (Wednesday)
League Date #9 — 12/16/21 (Thursday)
League Date #10 — 12/17/21 (Semi Finals and Finals will be played on this night and some final league games)
League Fee=$125 per player for 8 guaranteed games and a league jersey/shirt. The top four teams will play in the playoffs and have the potential to play 2 more games.
Session 1 League Standings
Download the Men’s Open Session 1 League Standings at the link below:
Session 2 Team Assignments
Session 2 Dates/Schedules
SESSION 2 Men’s League GAMES will be played on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
TIME RANGE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES: 6:00 PM to Midnight.
TIME RANGE FOR SATURDAY NIGHT GAMES: 9 PM to Midnight.
TIME RANGE FOR SUNDAY EVENING GAMES: 5 PM to 8:15 PM
Download the MEN’S League weekly Session 2 Schedules at the links below:
League Cost -$115 for 8 Games and A League Jersey
Session 2 League Standings
Download the Men’s Open Session 2 League Standings at the link below:
CONGRATULATIONS Coaches – MEN’S LEAGUE SESSION II CHAMPIONS!!
Men's Indoor League Rules
Download the Men’s Open League Rules at the link below: