ISC LIGHTNING BAGIL 8U-10U Indoor Soccer League
What is The ISC LIGHTNING BAGIL Indoor League?
- The ISC LIGHTNING BAGIL coed league is an indoor soccer league for 8U-10U boys and girls. Players that participate do not need to have participated in our ISC lightning Intermediate Level program.
- Players in the ISC’s Advanced Year-Round program are not allowed to participate in the Lightning league unless we have open spots after registration has concluded. The purpose of the league is to offer a fun league for players with less competitive experience.
- The league is well suited for players that want a lower level of commitment compared to the ISC year-round players.
- Two sessions of indoor play are offered each Winter and all games will be played at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Center (HTRC).
- HTRC Address – 2820 Prairie Meadow Drive, Iowa City, Iowa.
How Does The League Work?
- The league is set up so that all participants sign up as individuals. Participants are placed on a team with other players and they will remain on the same team for the entire session.
- The ISC coaching staff will form all teams.
- All participants are guaranteed 7 indoor games.
- The ISC coaching staff will ensure that all players will play as close to half of each game as possible.
Who is Eligible For The League?
- Players born in 2012 are considered 8U.
- Players born in 2011 are considered 9U.
- Players born in 2010 are considered 10U.
- 5v5 Indoor Soccer – (4v4 + keepers with a Futsal ball).
- The field is 25 (w) x 40 (l) yards.
- No Walls – kick-ins for restarts.
- ISC staff will be present to coach each game.
- A maximum of 9 players per team (must be a minimum of 5 players at each game).
- Games will be 45 minutes in duration (running clock – no half time).
- Players are NOT allowed to wear cleats on the HTRC surface.
- Only 4 teams will be formed with a maximum of 9 players per team.
- Session 1 games run November 2019 through January 2020.
- Session 2 games run January 2020 through March 2020.
- Includes 7 games and a league t-shirt/jersey.
- Exact cost for each session can be found on the link labeled “Dates/schedule/cost.”
What Should Players Wear to Games?
- League t-shirt/jersey (provided) and all players must wear shin guards.
- Please contact the League Director Jon Cook at email@example.com
Session 1 Team Assignments
Download the Lightning Bagil 8U-10U Session 1 Team Assignments at the link below:
Session 1 Dates/Schedule/Cost
All teams will play 7 games for session 1.
6 of the 7 Games will be played on the Sundays listed below from 2:30 PM -3:15 PM.
Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019
Sunday, Nov. 24, 2019
Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019
Sunday, Dec. 15, 2019
Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020
1 of the 7 games will be played on Saturday, November 23, 2019, from 7:00 PM-7:45 PM.
Session I League Cost: $70 Per Player
Session 2 Team Assignments
Download the Lightning Bagil 8U/10U Session 2 Team Assignments at the link below:
Lightning Bagil 8U-10U Team Assignment -Will Update after registration closes.
Session 2 Dates/Schedule/Cost
The Lightning Bagil 8U-10U Session 2 League Schedule is below:
Full Season Schedule
Session II League Fee – $70 Per Player
Download the Lightning Bagel League Goals at the link below: